CGE York advances education for the public benefit in subjects relating to global issues within the City Of York, East Riding of Yorkshire and North Yorkshire. We achieve our charitable objects through the following activities:-
1. The delivery of CPD to all teachers, lecturers and teaching assistants in the Yorkshire and Humber area. Training includes the Global Teacher Award Level 1, Exploring British Values, Introduction to P4C and other bespoke courses.
2. Working in partnership with community groups and charities to enhance its global education remit. CGE is presently working in partnership with Sapere, on their Rural School P4C project and International Tree Foundation and Learning through Landscapes on the Grimsby and Lincoln YMCA Fruitful Community project. Within the city of York we work alongside YREN, YUMI, both universities and other organisations that support our values and aims.
3. Through its involvement in Qualified Teacher Status Post Graduate Certificate in Education modules and supporting TEFL training at York St John University.
4. By offering an annual Fair Trade School Conference at York St John University, in partnership work with York Fair Trade Forum. This event encourages and celebrates the active citizenship of schools and pupils through their work with fair trade.
5. Promoting racial harmony, equality and diversity through funded projects such as Global Artists of York, Mandala Art Project etc
6. Supporting schools with global awards such as Eco Schools, Rights Respecting School Award, Fair Trade School Status and the Global School Award.
7. Providing up to date knowledge of global issues at training sessions, events and in particular through its website, newsletters and social media to share its global work and valuable information or activities that enhance global learning.